Dundream is committed to offering visitors a more sustainable choice by providing a eco-friendly, holistic, self-catering, retreat in the natural rugged North Rhins of Galloway.
Dundream was awarded Green Gold status at its launch in February 2012. Click on logo for more details on accreditation scheme.
The holistic toiletries at Dundream are sourced locally from The Barenaked Soap Company. This includes, head and body bars, soaps, bath salts, loofah bar, and more recently the "Dundream Memoirs" roll on scent, cedar wood and lime blossom body cream and a beautiful lime Blossom and rose face cream which Elaine uses on her sensitive skin. All are paraben and preservative free and created to compliment the "Dundream Story"
Dundream is proud to promote local businesses, locally sourced food produce and farmers markets to all our guests.
Please visit local farmers markets, delicatessans and butchers - full details at: www.dgmarkets.org
Alex Jack 10 Bridge St Stranraer 01776 702780
W. Fraser 71 Hanover St, Stranraer 01776 703469
|Loch Arthur Creamery & Farm Shop|
Loch Arthur award winning cheese and farm shop with cafe.
Address: Beeswing, Dumfries DG2 8EE
Address: Rainton, Gatehouse Of Fleet, Castle Douglas, Kirkcudbrightshire DG7 2DR
We are committed to conservation of local flora, fauna and arts & culture in this beautiful unspoiled area of Dumfries & Galloway:
- Threave Garden and Castle
- Galloway Wildlife Conservation Park
- Mull of Galloway Nature Reserve
- Withorn Trust
- Broughton House and Garden
- Cardoness Castle
- Glenluce Abbey
- The Galloway Red Kite Trail
- Promoting natural heritage attractions and local arts in Dumfries & Galloway Cat Strand Art Centre email@example.com,
At Dundream….Live it…Look after it! Guests are encouraged to:
Switch off the lights and look at the stars. Dundream has amazing clear night skies and the solar system can be viewed through in house telescope. Also visit Galloway Forest Dark Sky’s Park
Enjoy the natural water supply at Dundream. Please respect this private water supply, which can become scarce in dry summers.
Recycle our waste and enjoy unspoiled landscapes. Natural compost will be returned to fertilise areas of the garden. Please consult in house information on green issues for further details on local recycling.
Take the train, bus or cycle and enjoy the scenic spots in this beautiful unspoiled area of Dumfries & Galloway. For details of public transport please here.
Local bus to Stranraer is available at the end of the lane Mondays to Fridays on school days only. Departing 8 15 am and returning 16. 15 hrs.
Looking after our planet
At Dundream we encourage our guests to go green to look after our planet for every-one and to be environmentally aware and protect the area for future visitors. Dundream puts sustainability and the environment at its heart!
Green waste disposal
Guests staying at Dundream are encouraged to recycle waste as much as possible.
Waste for compost to be placed in compost bunker beside outdoor shed. Further details of the composition of compost are to be found in the kitchen beside bin and in house information pack.
Separate receptacles with green recycling bags are available for the following recyclable items:
- Glass…brown, green and clear
- Cans…steel , aluminium and empty aerosols
- All other items not for re-cycling please put in green recycling bin bags and leave in garden shed for collection.
Eco Features at Dundream
- Central heating and hot water provided by air source heat pump and solar velux panels
- Private water supply from natural spring sourced water
- High specification insulation throughout house
- Double-glazed wooden windows throughout house
- Reclaimed natural beech flooring
- External low energy lighting and controls
- LED dimmable lighting
- Low energy bulbs
- Low flush toilets
- Eco paint used interiorly
- Washing line inside and outside for drying laundry
- Anti-allergenic duvets and pillows
- Bio-degradable cleaning agents
- Recycling household waste
- Fresh organic herbs and vegetables from Dundream garden
- Children are encouraged to log details of wildlife spotted at Dundream
- Elaine has planted a mixed hedgerow in the lane and around the garden boundaries
- Elaine has planted a mixed woodland in garden and wild meadow
- Outdoor eco wood burning hot tub which accommodates 8 people.